Tuesday, February 23, 2010

First Impressions of Heavy Rain


Well I haven't played the game yet, I'm sure I will one day though. I have however watched a lot of gameplay and played the demo a little. So here's what I have to think about the game based on just that.

First of all the movement of the characters irritates me. I don't like having to "hold down the gas" so to speak, in order to move my character. I also don't like the fact that there's a lot of Quick Time Events (QTE) in the game. After playing the demo I get the feeling that half of the game is going to be nothing but QTE's and honestly, if that's the case, then I feel bad for the people that made the game. I know a lot of people wouldn't mind a game consisting of mostly QTE's but, honestly when you play a game like that, where's the freedom?

A few thing that I really like about the game include the story, graphics and character development. The graphics are absolutely beautiful, anyone with a mind can see that. Honestly for me, they're a bit too realistic, but its not something I couldn't get used to. Times in gaming really are changing after all, aren't they? The story is amazing in this game. I tell you this, when you get to the end you will be a bit shocked. Like I said, I haven't played the game, but if you do enough research online you can find everything. The way the characters are developed is also very impressive. Every character has a nice backstory and they're all related in some way to the others due to the story. Not many games lately have given me the pleasure of seeing a nice, fully developed cast of characters, so Kudos Heavy Rain.



I'm sure that by now everyone has heard about the controversy surrounding the 'strip tease' scene. Well, I've seen this scene and some of the gameplay leading up to this scene. I see no reason why it should be a controversy. There are far more sexually explicit things in other games, and they get little to no attention. For example, every God of War game, including the upcoming third title, has a sex mini game included. When do you hear about that on the news? Then again they never show anything in those. So what, some animated breasts are shown, is that really that big of a deal?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment